Your Initial Visit
Your initial comprehensive exam will include the following:
- Discuss and review your medical & dental health history. We will coordinate, communicate and develop your care plan with a thorough multidisciplinary approach, giving you treatment options to develop your care plan designed to achieve your personal goals.
- Record vital signs such as blood pressure, pulse & respiratory rate, and oxygen saturation.
- Obtain and diagnose low radiation digital x-rays to evaluate: your teeth for strength and decay (infection), supporting bone, jaw & related structures, check your jaw and bite alignment, the temporomandibular (jaw) joint, the sinus cavity, identify periodontitis and other related pathology.
- Offer TMJ/TMD/HA Evaluation & Solutions.
- Evaluate parafunctional occlusal (grinding/clenching) & swallowing habits.
- Perform a head and neck exam with an extra-oral and intra-oral assessment to screen for cancer and other pathology. Intraoral photographs may be taken, always at no additional fee.
- Record current dentition status and restorative history.
- Perform/record a comprehensive periodontal exam.
- Perform a complete tooth-by-tooth evaluation.
- Determine risk assessment for sleep apnea or sleep related breathing disorders.
- Clean your teeth offering traditional scaling and polishing or ultrasonic and prophy-jet options.
We pride ourselves in our effective stain removal techniques.
- Provide oral hygiene assessment and instruction.
- Provide you with a complimentary soft bristled toothbrush, toothpaste and floss.
- Develop and present various treatment options to meet your oral health goals with respect to longevity planning, effective use of insurance benefits and financial efficacy.
Note: Current radiographs (less than 1 year old) must be legible and brought with you to this appointment for a thorough and accurate assessment by the doctor, otherwise new ones will be taken at this appointment.